5 Reasons Why You Should Opt for an Aquamarine Engagement Ring29 March 2017
While it has been said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, that isn’t necessarily true. Today, discerning shoppers are noticing the beauty and resilience of the aquamarine gemstone. This amazing stone is available in many different hues and cuts. It can be as brilliant or understated as your (or her) tastes desire. Here are 5 reasons why you should opt for aquamarine in your engagement ring.
1. The brilliant hues – this gemstone ranges from a very light blue to a darker aqua. But what all of those hues has in common is the fact that the beauty shines through no matter the shade.
2. It is a sign of faithfulness and courage as well as open communication. Ancient legends report that it was often carried by those who travelled the seas, as it also is thought to offer some protection. All of those qualities also lend themselves to a happy and long-lasting marriage – especially regarding faithfulness and open communication!
3. It is often flawless. Unlike other gemstones, a quality aquamarine is generally without flaws. This means that the brilliance and the quality are easily seen. This is extremely important when choosing a stone that is going to be worn for a very long time!
4. Aquamarine is quite durable. It ranks at 7.5 – 8.0 on the Mohs scale. What this means in layman’s terms is that it can generally withstand every day wear and tear as well as the most active lifestyles. This is an important aspect of picking out jewellery that is meant to be worn every day.
5. It is not a cookie cutter stone – meaning that it isn’t something that will be seen on everyone. This gemstone is unusual and one of a kind – much like the woman wearing it.
When buying an aquamarine it is imperative that you go to a jeweller that you trust. Unfortunately, there are places that will try to pass off topaz as aquamarine – and they are very different in price. A reputable jeweller will help to educate you on this beautiful gemstone. They will also take the time to make sure it is in the best setting for that particular cut and stone. This will ensure that your bride to be will be happy with it now and for years into the future.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO